April 2018 Featured RPG
THE RECKLESS KIND is a modern supernatural site based on werecreatures and set in a fictionalized small town.
Within the territory, are 7 groups who protect the land. Recently, sacred grounds around the world are being destroyed & it looks like Somerset is next. Will you help stand against the evil or help win its victory?
06/23/2018:
Musical Badge Challenge starts this weekend! Check out the announcements!

Somerset, Pennsylvania
June 2018
FORECAST: Spring is in the air with showers throughout the week. The high is 75° with a low of 53°.
What's New
Featured Canon
Featured Canon
Featured Canon

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Add Reply

a place where I can go, Tag: O'Sullivan clan + post event
BREWERY OWNER
HE/HIM
WEREWOLF
ULRIC
SUBORDINATE
JAY
PRONOUNS: HE/HIM
TIMEZONE: EASTERN
TRIGGERS: HARM TO ANIMALS/CHILDREN

I THINK THERE'S A

FLAW IN MY CODE

Colin woke from his spot at the desk in his office to several missed calls and texts from his parents. More than a single incident occurred during the late afternoon-early evening. It was the middle of the night now and his mother was frantic, reaching out for a head count of the family. He rose from his seat and took a long drink of a coffee that was long since cold. Semi-alert, the wolf called back his mother and tried to get as much detail as possible. He ended the call with a promise to drive over to Finn's place and find out who they actually needed to worry about.

The drive was slow and hectic with the chaos pouring out on the streets. It looked like a damn war zone in the sleepy town of Somerset. Colin had just driven up to his cousin's place when his dad confirmed the O'Sullivan casualties. They needed to report to the hospital as soon as possible. The spare key was located and used to invite himself into the house.

The study was the first place he checked since Finn seemed to live there after Sabrina was displaced. What he didn't expect to find was the empty crate of liquor that looked like the one meant for the food fair. Various empty bottles scattered around the room and the snoring wolf on the couch left little room for more than one theory.

Finn drank himself into a stupor. Some habits were hard to break.

Colin quietly waltzed into the room and headed for the desk to check his cousin's phone. Nora had called. He pocketed the cell and headed for the mini fridge. He was no stranger to Finn's tendencies when overwhelmed with stress or depression. Colin pulled a bottle of water from the fridge and walked to the back of the couch. A drink was taken from the bottle before he slowly began to pour the contents on top of Finn's head.

"FINN! OH GOD FINN YOU'RE DROWNING! YOU'RE DROWNING! SWIM MAN! YOU'RE-" Colin watched as his cousin flayed around like a lunatic and when he recovered from the scene, the wolf screwed the cap back on the bottle. "Oh good, you're awake. I would have hated to disturb you from something important."

TAG: @Finn O'Sullivan @Chloe O'Sullivan
NOTES: Family time post-event.

&
Brewery Owner
he, him
WEREWOLF
Ulric
Subordinate
Hales
PRONOUNS: she, her
TIMEZONE: Eastern
TRIGGERS: harm to children; sexual violence

pain
you made me a, you made me a believer, believer pain you break me down, you built me up, believer, believer, I let the bullets fly, oh let them rain my life, my love, my drive it came from pain you made me a believer
Finn was dreaming about being stuck in a pinball machine. Random noises kept intruding when he ran into a lever or a side or whatever else was within; however, none of it was quite enough to wake him up. Only the sensation of water falling on him and a familiar voice declaring he was drowning succeeded in waking him, though he flailed against the water pouring down on him and tried to bat it aside. A jerk to the left toppled him into the floor and the side of his head hit the coffee table, prompting a groan from him as his eyes squeezed tightly shut against the pain.

It took a minute to recognize Colin's voice as he sat up, shaking off water. One hand went to his head and came back bloody from a gash he couldn't see, though it still took a minute to figure out what had happened. The empty water bottle his cousin held answered one question yet a glance at the coffee table answered the other. Several of the bottles had been knocked off by his fall from the couch but plenty more littered his desk and the bookshelf and the mostly empty crate set on the floor.

"They packed too many cases," was his defense for the case being in his office, though he knew that didn't explain why he'd drank the entire thing. He couldn't even explain that one as he used the table and couch to pull himself up, stumbling into a sitting position on the couch. A light kept blinking at him from the phone, but he didn't bother to grab it, figuring anything important would have gone to them both so Colin could handle it.

Rubbing at his eyes, he blinking several times then asked, "Why are you in my house? Did I miss a meeting or a family dinner or something? I thought tonight was a free night so I was . . ." His eyes slid to the computer that had long ago fallen silent during his re-watching of The Walking Dead. An empty beer bottle was lying on its side dangerously close to the laptop. "Everyone went to the fair except Chloe who's . . . in her room?" It was more question than statement as he rubbed at his face again and found more blood from the gash on his head that was already knitting back together.

@Colin O'Sullivan
BREWERY OWNER
HE/HIM
WEREWOLF
ULRIC
SUBORDINATE
JAY

I THINK THERE'S A

FLAW IN MY CODE

Funny how the first words out of Finn's mouth was either a lie or an excuse; not that it mattered much and Colin didn't want to waste time figuring it out. He remained where he stood, unspoken, and studiously aware that with each passing moment his cousin became more alert. Their youthful days replayed in his mind as he watched Finn, displeased with his assumption they were past this stage. Too much Liam coursing through his veins, he supposed.

Eyes lifted to the ceiling following Finn's comment about Chloe's whereabouts. For his sake, he better be correct. They were wasting precious time. "Mother called a family meeting. All are accounted for except you and Chloe." Colin moved from behind the couch and picked up a few bottles so that a path was clear to the door. "I'll brew coffee and wake our cousin."

The wolf tossed the bottles in the crate none too gently and cared less about the oncoming headache the crash might create. "Get as much of that smell off of you as possible. We needn't give mother and father a reason to worry you are up to your old ways." Colin's cell phone on his jacket pocket rang. He answered the call on his blue tooth. His gaze found Finn again.

"I just arrived. Sorry for the concern. Finn and Chloe were up late studying. She has an exam coming up. No, I understand. They turned down the volume on their phones to concentrate. We'll be there shortly." He pressed his earpiece to end the call and sighed. Nothing else to say, he turned and walked out to the kitchen.

&
Brewery Owner
he, him
WEREWOLF
Ulric
Subordinate
Hales

pain
you made me a, you made me a believer, believer pain you break me down, you built me up, believer, believer, I let the bullets fly, oh let them rain my life, my love, my drive it came from pain you made me a believer
At the mention of a family meeting, Finn couldn't stop himself from asking, "Bri, too?" It seemed inevitable that his wife would be at a family meeting, though it was possible Winona had said no because didn't that particular bird like rejection? The topic of coffee and waking Chloe had him glancing at his watch, surprised to find how late at night it was; however, the steady thunk of glass hitting the crate's bottom made him cringe.

"Can you do that quieter?" His eyes were squeezed shut against the light, though the mention of his old ways had his eyes opening. Glancing over to his own phone at the ring, he started to reach for it except Colin answered his instead. A guilty knot tightened in his stomach at how easily the lie rolled off his cousin's tongue yet he couldn't help but wonder when he'd become his mother, needing someone else to tell the lies on his behalf, but what really bothered him was Chloe being implicated in the lie.

Following his cousin out of the study, he jogged upstairs and into the bathroom off the master bedroom. His clothes were quickly shed before he stepped under the coldest shower he could create, bending his head beneath the spray and sucking in a sharp breath. It succeeded in getting him the rest of the way sober, but he still stood under the spray longer than it took to scrub himself down and wash his hair. A towel dried off his hair and skin as he moved into their bedroom, not bothering with his usual product and careful brushing, leaving the whole thing a bit more curly.

Only a quick glance was given to the closet before he found a pair of jeans and a blue t-shirt to pull on, not bothering with dressing up. It was late, Bri likely wouldn't be present, and he didn't want to keep Colin waiting so he headed downstairs in socks, with his shoes in his hand, and questioned, "Are we meeting at the house? Also, you're driving because my car doesn't fit three." And I don't trust my current level of sober.

@Colin O'Sullivan
BREWERY OWNER
HE/HIM
WEREWOLF
ULRIC
SUBORDINATE
JAY

I THINK THERE'S A

FLAW IN MY CODE

Colin knew his way around the house as if it was his own. He made coffee for three, then headed upstairs. A knock was given to Teagan's old room. "It's Colin," he said and cracked the door enough to speak but not enough to peek inside. "Coffee is brewing, mind getting dressed and packing extra clothes for your siblings. Seems they're a bit messy after the fair." He kept his voice calm and upbeat, revealing no more about the situation.

Back in the kitchen, the wolf prepared travel mugs and left the sugar and cream on the counter for use if necessary. He almost brewed tea for Sabrina and caught himself in time, turning the kettle off before the water got too hot. He was drinking from his own mug when Finn arrived and took in his appearance. It was on the tip of his tongue to tell his cousin he didn't miss this look at all.

The phone interrupted him from speaking, touching where he slipped Finn's phone from view before he answered his own. "Yes. We are in the car now. I understand. Thank you, see you in a minute."  Colin hung up and pointed to the mugs. "I planned to drive." He put his mug down and retrieved a couple of bags of animal crackers and juice boxes. A glance at his watch said they needed to hurry.

&
Brewery worker
She/Her
WEREWOLF
Nora and Finn
Changeling
Freya
PRONOUNS: She/Her
TIMEZONE: Central
TRIGGERS: Child harm

I'll break down this cage, escape from these chains

'Cause fear will never lead my way

Chloe had woken up when she’d heard someone shouting, her too-keen hearing that she still wasn’t entirely used to picking it up even from the distance of a separate floor. She jolted awake, her head smacking hard into the headboard of the bed, and she groaned in pain even as she tried to figure out what the hell was going on. She could smell the sourness that she was coming to associate with fear, and she shoved aside the emotion when she remembered where she was. Finn’s house. Teagan’s old room. She sat up slowly, rubbing her head and nearly knocking her laptop off onto the floor. She scrambled to grab it, catching it just before it could take a nosedive off the bed. Why was her laptop…

Oh, right. She’d been working on homework for the online classes she’d signed up for for college. She shut the lid of the laptop, apparently having fallen asleep while working on something, and focused on what she was hearing. Two voices, one of them was Finn’s but the other… It took her a moment, but she recognized Colin’s voice, though she couldn't understand what either man was saying.

She wanted to lay the laptop back down, go back to sleep. It was still so late and she couldn't have been out for more than a couple of hours. Exhaustion dragged at her, enough that she was nearly asleep still sitting up in the bed when she heard the knock on her door. She sat up even as the door opened a crack, and squinted at the light coming in from the hall as she scooped her mass of hair back from her face when she saw Colin’s face.

“Messy?” She asked, but Colin had already shut the door again and left. What did that mean? Shaking her head, she did what Colin asked, getting dressed quickly and grabbing one of Eric’s bags to stuff some clothes for him and Nora into. Slinging it over her shoulder, she picked her shoes up instead of putting them on and trudged downstairs, the smell of coffee leading her more than anything else. Colin’s voice as he spoke to someone became clear the closer to the kitchen she got, and she caught sight of Finn just as he stepped into the kitchen.

“What’s going on?” Chloe asked as she stepped into the kitchen, having barely taken time to brush her hair after getting dressed. She ran her tongue over her teeth, and wished she’d thought to brush them, though the lure of the coffee distracted her and she went to grab one of the mugs. She saw the juice boxes and the animal crackers, Eric’s favorite, and shrugged the bag off her shoulder to hold out to Colin so he could add them in. “Where are we going?”

for @Colin O'Sullivan @Finn O'Sullivan

I will never be the same

&

--------------------
user posted image
Brewery Owner
he, him
WEREWOLF
Ulric
Subordinate
Hales

pain
Finn's brows came together in a frown at the newest lie from Colin as he looked around the kitchen, assuring himself that they were not in the car. A glance slid to Chloe at her arrival, though he didn't know what to say, unable to recall most of the previous evening. Had he said or done something stupid during his drinking? There was no weirdness or odd looks sent his way as she moved into the kitchen so he quickly sat and pulled on his shoes, satisfied he'd kept his drunken antics to the study.

Finishing up with his shoes, he stood then frowned at the animal crackers and juice boxes. "Wait, shouldn't Eric be asleep right now? My sense of time isn't that far off," he mumbled more to himself than either one of them. His travel mug was picked up and filled before the smallest amount of cream was added and a sip taken. "And why does Aunt Mel seem in such a hurry? I'm pretty much always late for family meetings lately."

Despite his complaints, he was already carrying the mug into the living room. His wallet was shoved into his back pocket while he grabbed his keys, gesturing toward the front door. Only once they'd both exited did he hit the button for the alarm then lock it up and follow them out to Colin's car. A minute was taken to let the doors unlock before he slid into the passenger seat, pulled on a seat belt, and questioned, "So what's going on, Colin? You're being weird." There was a check done in the mirror for Chloe, noting she still seemed to be battling the last stages of sleep. "This whole thing is weird. We don't have family meetings this late unless . . ."

Finn's attention slid back to his cousin before he demanded, "What the hell's going on, Colin?"

@Colin O'Sullivan
@Chloe O'Sullivan
BREWERY OWNER
HE/HIM
WEREWOLF
ULRIC
SUBORDINATE
JAY

I THINK THERE'S A

FLAW IN MY CODE

"Family meeting," Colin said in response to Chloe's inquiry. He wanted to keep things simple and vague until they were all in the car and on their way. It was a plausible feat with Finn drunk and Chloe half asleep, though he knew when the coffee kicked in they would start to ask the important questions. There was only so much he could ignore as he tried to usher them both outside and into the car. The muscle in his jaw tightened at the bombard of questions from his cousin, wondering if maybe it would've been a better idea to just throw him in the back and wake him up when they got to the hospital.

They weren't in the car long before something inside Finn's head clicked. Colin started the car and enabled the locks on the door. He squeezed the steering wheel, doing his best to drive without being distracted by the burning holes in his skull. They were heading out of the neighborhood area when he fished out his cousin's phone, the one he'd taken before Finn was fully awake. On it was countless missed calls and texts from the family on his whereabouts and concerns if he was okay.

"This evening, Somerset underwent a series of a three-tier attack. The first was at the Motor Show where something triggered the shift in our people during the day. The second was silver poisoning at the food trucks. The last, open gunfire on the audience at the concert area on the other side of town." The werewolf chose an alternate road to take around the main section of town. In the distance, sirens and emergency lights could be seen glowing in the night sky. Should he crack a window, the smell of blood would hit their senses even at this distance.

"Nora, Teagan, and Eric were at the concert..." Colin said and took a breath. He gripped the steering wheel again and chose another alternate road in route to the hospital. Despite the back roads rarely taken, an ambulance or two passed their vehicle in a rush t get ahead. "It's Teagan..."

&

Brewery worker
She/Her
WEREWOLF
Nora and Finn
Changeling
Freya

When Finn asked if Eric should be asleep, Chloe frowned. Of course he should. It was late as all hell. “And where are they that I had to pack clothes for them?” She asked, her brain slow and foggy from sleep but finally starting to kick into gear. She took her mug, following the two men as they all headed towards the front door. She dropped her shoes next to it, sliding them on before she stepped outside and pulled the door shut behind her. What was going on?

As if Finn could read her mind, or more likely just having the same train of thought, he asked Colin what she had just thought. She settled into the back seat, the coffee doing little to wake her up but she sipped it anyway as she waited for Colin’s answer. Everything she’d wanted to know had already been asked, and she saw little point in repeating anything. She didn’t miss the way that the locks clicked into place, as if Colin thought either of them would dive out of the car as it got going, taking the back ways out into town.

Chloe listened in mounting horror as Colin talked about the festivals. She’d been supposed to go to the concert, but she’d gotten so caught up with homework that she’d completely forgotten until it’d been too late. Fear clutching her throat, she slid towards the front of the car, her hands clutching the backs of the front seats, ignoring the fact she’d taken her seatbelt off. “Nora? Eric?” She asked, almost frantic. When Colin said it was Teagan, though, she didn’t feel any better. She let out a quiet whine, felt an annoying pressure between her eyes. She caught sight of herself in the rear view mirror and could see her eyes had shifted gold. Shit. She saw an ambulance flying past, it’s lights blinding her for a second as they flashed, and she winced.

“H- How bad is it?” She asked, suddenly worried for Teagan. She’d spent so long only being concerned for Nora, then Eric, it felt strange to her to have so many more people to worry over now. “Colin is… Is she okay?”

for @Colin O'Sullivan @Finn O'Sullivan

I will never be the same

&

--------------------
user posted image
Brewery Owner
he, him
WEREWOLF
Ulric
Subordinate
Hales

pain
The click of the locks made Finn's frown deepen as he tried to figure out what was happening, only realizing he didn't have his phone when Colin removed it. A sick feeling settled in his stomach while he accepted the phone then noted the missed calls. Texts were clicked, though the sheer volume of what he'd been sent only tightened that knot of guilt that he'd let his family get hurt while he got drunk.

Glancing over at Colin's words, forgetting the messages, he started to demand why someone hadn't called sooner except they had, hadn't they? Chloe's nails digging into the headrest had one hand lifting to pry hers free then lace their fingers together and give a reassuring squeeze. "They're okay, though, right? Teagan took care of them," he said, glancing back down to his phone. It was hard to put in the passcode then swipe with only one hand, the phone balanced on his knee, except he didn't want to pull his other hand away from Chloe.

Extra senses easily picked up the sounds of sirens and hints of emergency lights ahead, though Colin's turning down a side road was almost met with a complaint; however, he remembered last minute that it was a quicker route to the hospital. His messages were still being skimmed without really seeing any of the contents beyond a few words as he demanded, "If Teags got hurt, where the hell were the guard or the peacekeepers? They're supposed to stop things like this, and they should have taken care of Teags."

Finn's anxiety didn't lessen the smallest bit when Colin pulled the car to a stop, having to park down the road. A last squeeze was given to Chloe's fingers before he was out of the car and running with all his might despite the crowded parking lot and badly parked cars, though he did manage to glance back to ensure Colin and Chloe were following him. His feed skidded on the hospital's floor in the waiting room, but he made a beeline for where Nora sat with Eric, dropping to his knees in front of both to wrap his arms around them.

"I'm sorry, Nora," he said as he hugged her tightly then gave the top of Eric's head a ruffle with his hand. "It's okay, buddy. Uncle Finn's here now. Everything's going to be okay . . ." Even as he said the words, he hoped he wasn't lying yet it took a minute or two of hugging the pair to become aware of who sat beside them; however, he felt like he was dreaming as he lifted his head."Bri? Are you . . . does Winona know you're here?" He'd no sooner asked then he stood, releasing his cousins as he became aware of the birds in the room and the fact their own faces looked no better than his family, and wondered if this was a sign from the spirits.

@Colin O'Sullivan
@Chloe O'Sullivan
@Nora O'Sullivan
BREWERY OWNER
HE/HIM
WEREWOLF
ULRIC
SUBORDINATE
JAY

I THINK THERE'S A

FLAW IN MY CODE

A rigid sense of relief overcame Colin as he watched the other two hold hands. Their need for comfort outweighed their desire to overreact and try to run all the way to the hospital. The locks were still kept in place as they drove. He was aware of the fact that any 'I don't knows' would be met with more questions, corner, or anger. Chloe was already having a difficult time regaining her human features as the emotional weight of the situation brought forth her wolf.

"Mother and father are with them in the waiting room. Banged up, but unharmed for the most part. Messy," he recalled the term used when he initially asked his cousin to pack some clothes for her siblings. "They were with others, both of the Peacekeeper and Guard variety," he informed Finn who didn't seem to understand how stretched both groups were over the course of the day between three different attacks. "From what Nora was able to tell mother, she tried to tend to their wounds while avoiding being shot at. She could only do so much. We are unsure of why no one was able to heal immediately. It's why their wounds were severe." Colin paused for a moment, looking out at the road and then back at his family members.

"It's not good." He was unsure how good that piece of information would do, but he also knew they needed to be prepared for whatever happens in the next few hours. "The hospital is overwhelmed. They were only able to get Teagan into surgery an hour ago." The wait didn't bode well, especially with her inability to heal right away. Too much blood and damage to the internal organs. Nothing they needed to know just yet. When they arrived at the hospital, or the street next to it, Colin wasn't surprised how fast Finn took off. He locked up the car and stuck with Chloe to match her speed.

The hospital was jammed inside as much as it was outside. They made their way up to the correct floor. Colin watched as his family stood and walked towards him. He left Chloe's side so she could be with her siblings while he greeted and spoke to his parents individually. The Avery family were in the room with them as well as a couple of other smaller families. He took note and then let his eyes land on Bri for a moment. "Why don't I grab us some refreshments?" He gestured for his two younger brothers to follow and help him carry everything back with him.

&

MEDICAL EXAMINER
SHE/HER
HUMAN
NOMAD
PROTECTED
QUEL
PRONOUNS: SHE/HER
TIMEZONE: CENTRAL
TRIGGERS: HARM TO CHILDREN, PEEPS ON A PIZZA

Quiet now you're gonna wake the beast. Hide your soul out of his reach
Nora sat surrounded by family in the waiting room of the hospital for what felt like forever. She and Eric were checked out for a moment once at the hospital, but once they assessed they had little to no injuries their attention turned to the two who arrived with them. Kenesaw was there and they sat in awkward silence until the rest of their family showed up which divided them. The redhead was covered in splotches of blood and was only able to wash her hands off when Mel and Nicholas arrived. She wasn't sure how Eric would take being separated and didn't spare any time to herself.

Her brother napped on and off in her lap throughout the night. Despite the potty training, he'd soiled through his clothes earlier. She'd brought a change of clothes for him, but he'd already soiled through those in his sleep as well. Nora's stomach turned at the smell of blood, sweat, and pee. She didn't know how the others were doing with it, but so far hadn't reacted when Eric bounced around to each of them. Some of Colin's brothers were able to play with him and allowed him to use their phones to watch videos. In that time, Nora dosed on and off, but woke when her dreams were filled with gunshots.

Sabrina was there after a while, taking a seat next to her and holding her hand. There was still no word from the doctors on how Ken's father or Teagan were doing, but she'd tried to prevent them bleeding out until help arrived. She wanted to say something to the young man who'd come in with her and every time she got up the courage, it disappeared. Fortunately, he had family, too. She hoped it would be enough. Eric curled back up in her lap again after everyone's phones needed to be charged. Her wild red curls draped somewhat over him and she rocked gently to soothe him.

Finn arrived...she didn't even know when. Had no concept of time or much else outside of anything other than this waiting room. Nora opened her mouth to tell him she'd tried to help and nothing came out. She loosened her grip when Eric popped his head out and acknowledged Finn. Though, it wasn't until they both saw another flash of red behind him that tears sprang to the older redhead's eyes. Eric wiggled his way out and ran with arms open for Chloe. Nora squeezed Finn's shoulder and then stepped to the side so that she could embrace her sister.

Meanwhile, Sabrina was there in the seat next to where Nora had sat moment earlier. She offered a comforting smile to her husband and brought a hand to his face. With Winona being mentioned, the bird glanced over at the other side of the waiting room where the Avery family did much of what the O'Sullivans were doing. Waiting and drawing strength from one another. Her eyes moved back to Finn and a whiff of something powerful and disturbing reached her nose.

"Finn..." Her other hand was brought to his face as she made him look at her. His normally beautiful and bright eyes were dull and bloodshot. He smelled of fresh soap, but it did little to cover up the scent of alcohol. Sabrina's first instinct was to lecture him, but with Teagan's condition unknown and the guilt that must be consuming him, she knew it wasn't the right time. Instead, she simply stared longingly at him silently begging him not to do this to himself. Finn was better than this. "You're not alone," she told him quietly and kissed his forehead. A hand patted the seat next to her.

Brewery worker
She/Her
WEREWOLF
Nora and Finn
Changeling
Freya

Chloe still wasn’t really used to being touched, still didn’t really like it, but Finn’s hand as he pried her off the back of his seat was a reassuring warmth that she clung to. She knew her grip was probably too tight, but Finn didn’t complain, and she didn’t move from where she sat, half between the driver and passenger seats, the entire way to the hospital. Fear was prominent, almost overwhelming, and only growing as Colin spoke.

She didn’t understand how the wounds couldn't already be healing. “Was the bullet silver?” She asked, more out of a need to ask something, to say something, then to really get an answer. It was possible that they didn’t even know the answer yet, if Teagan had only gone into surgery an hour before. She knew silver was bad for them, had been told time and again to be careful around it. But she’d never really been around it since she’d been changed, so she had no idea just how bad the reactions really could be.

It took almost the entire trip to the hospital for Chloe to regain control of her partial shift. She grimaced, staring at herself in the mirror for a second as Colin pulled into the parking lot, double checking to make sure her eyes had gone back to blue. The loss of warmth from Finn’s hand was startling, but she didn’t blame him when he bolted out of the car as soon as Finn parked and ran to the hospital. She wasn’t too far behind, and Colin kept pace with her, for which she was grateful.

Two steps inside, and she was hit with a wall of sound and scents that had her stomach roiling and her head throbbing so much that she actually stumbled, gripping onto Colin’s elbow to keep from tripping over her own feet. The smell of blood, fear, everything, was incredibly unsettling, and she squeezed her eyes shut for a second to try and keep the wolf from jumping to the front again. That’s just what they needed.

It was the thud of a body hitting her that had her eyes snapping open, and she immediately bent to grab Eric, pick him up despite the smell of urine that assaulted her when she bent. “Hey, baby,” She murmured into his hair, hoisting him on her hip despite how awkward it was. Her poor little brother. He needed a change, and bad, and she was glad now that she’d barely remembered the bag from the car before she’d sprinted to the hospital. Then Nora was there, and Chloe leaned into the warm hug, wrapping an arm around Nora’s waist and tightening her grip on Eric when he tried to struggle against the hug.

“I brought you and Eric a change of clothes,” Chloe said, leaning back to look up at Nora. “You’re okay, right? Colin said… He said you were but… You’re really okay?” It took a second for Chloe to realize the weird hot sensation on her cheeks was from tears falling, and she brushed at them and sniffed her nose. “I w- was so scared when I heard what had happened. T- Teagan? Was there any word?”

for @Colin O'Sullivan @Finn O'Sullivan @Nora O'Sullivan

I will never be the same

&

--------------------
user posted image
Brewery Owner
he, him
WEREWOLF
Ulric
Subordinate
Hales

pain
Finn's brain was forced to compartmentalize the information gained from his cousin. It didn't make him feel better, though hearing a guard and peacekeeper had been present but unable to help worried him. What was the point of either group if they couldn't actually do anything? However, he said nothing aloud and merely nodded with his cousin's words, telling himself the questions weren't important now.

The minimal reaction to his presence didn't bother the wolf since he could guess some kind of shock had set in. A returned squeeze was given to the hand on his shoulder before he shifted and gave his attention to his wife. His head was turned into her touch and his lips brushed against her palm as his hand lifted to rest over hers, just holding it there until the sound of his name.

"I'm sorry," was all he could say as he tried to look away except her gaze held him there. He held his breath while waiting for a lecture that never came, though her eyes said plenty without a word. One of the things he'd always loved about Sabrina was her ability to see through whatever front he put up, whatever lie he told himself, but he could also see that she understood the guilt he felt for his poor choice.

Closing his eyes at the kiss to his forehead, he gave a nod and pushed himself up. His fingers laced with hers as he settled into the seat beside her, wrapping one arm around her shoulders. A kiss of his own was given to her head before he admitted, "You always knew me better than most, but I just . . . I screwed up, Bri." His head was leaned against hers in silence while he let the cousins comfort each other and a nurse who doubled as a pack member pointed them toward an area where they could shower and change; however, he just sat there and played with the end of his wife's hair until a doctor finally arrived with an update on his sister's condition.

Without releasing his wife's hand, Finn rose from the chair and went to meet the doctor. His grim expression made the wolf nervous, though thankfully the news was good. While Teagan's injuries had been bad, she'd apparently started healing in route to the hospital which had helped and the surgery had finished the job. Scars were inevitable, but he'd take a few scars over never getting to see her again, though the doctor was still hesitant to provide visitors just yet. A promise was made to get back to him shortly before he headed back over to Colin and his parents, never once releasing Bri's hand, and confirmed, "Teags is okay. They said we can see her soon,but in groups of three . . ."

@Colin O'Sullivan
@Chloe O'Sullivan
@Nora O'Sullivan
@Sabrina O'Sullivan
BREWERY OWNER
HE/HIM
WEREWOLF
ULRIC
SUBORDINATE
JAY

I THINK THERE'S A

FLAW IN MY CODE

Vending machines and break rooms were out of the question for the next three floors. The hospital staff was stretched so thin, no one knew they were out of food for family and friends waiting in the waiting rooms. Colin didn't blame them. It was also the middle of the night which meant none of the other places were open either. He eventually was able to find someone in charge and volunteer to set up shop in the cafeteria until someone could come along. The least they could do was provide snacks for the families while they waited and promised the O'Sullivans would reimburse the hospital for whatever items were used.

A number of other people looking for the same kind of service offered to volunteer as well since it was better to be busy than wait for news. After a while, they had a good group of people willing to stick it out and help make pre-made cups of drinks and simple sandwiches to pass around. Colin set up a private tray and was on his way up when he spotted one of the Avery people who'd been in the same waiting room. He lifted the tray in his hand, "I have some drinks if you want to grab some sandwiches from the cafeteria."

Though the Avery family and O'Sullivan family weren't close, they did share in this losses tonight and needed just as much comfort as his own. Colin didn't mind providing that so long as he was able to do it for his as well. He had just made it back and watched as the doctor exit the waiting room. Colin made his way over to his parents with the tray of drinks and heard the good news. A silent breath of relief was released. "It should be your face she sees first, Finn. I think you both need that." He turned and let everyone know a variety of drinks were here and labeled. Someone else was bringing up sandwiches and that it would be a good idea to snack while they were able to do so.

&

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution