April 2018 Featured RPG
THE RECKLESS KIND is a modern supernatural site based on werecreatures and set in a fictionalized small town.
Within the territory, are 7 groups who protect the land. Recently, sacred grounds around the world are being destroyed & it looks like Somerset is next. Will you help stand against the evil or help win its victory?
06/23/2018:
Musical Badge Challenge starts this weekend! Check out the announcements!

Somerset, Pennsylvania
June 2018
FORECAST: Spring is in the air with showers throughout the week. The high is 75° with a low of 53°.
What's New
Featured Canon
Featured Canon
Featured Canon

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Add Reply

Lovell, Jamal, JOHN BOYEGA | WEREWOLF
Security
he, him
WEREWOLF
Ulric
Kappa
Val
PRONOUNS: n/a
TIMEZONE: Eastern
TRIGGERS: harm to children
JAMAL LOVELL
37 SECURITY JOHN BOYEGA
PERSONAL
FULL NAME: Jamal Tiberius Lovell
PREFERRED NAME: Jamal, JT
PRONOUNS: he, him
BIRTHDAY: September 16, 1980
MEMBERGROUP: Werewolves
HOMETOWN: Somerset, Pennsylvania
EDUCATION: high school graduate, some college
ALLERGIES: none
APPEARANCE

HEIGHT & WEIGHT:
5'9", 195 lbs.

EYE COLOR:
black

HAIR:
His hair is kept short and neatly cut, though occasionally he'll get a design cut into the sides.

SCARS & TATTOOS:
A handful of small scars cover his hands from farm work as well as a long one on his left calf from an incident with a tractor.

ATTIRE:
Jeans and t-shirt are his most common attire with the occasional brown leather jacket against weather. He tends to wear boots while doing things on the family farm or sneakers while working out, though both can be seen when he's doing his securty work. His only jewelry is a gold wolfhead ring that came from his mother upon taking the bite.

FAMILY
PARENTS:
"Tamara" Lovell (mother)
SIBLING(s):
none
CHILDREN:
none
EXTENDED FAMILY:
Macon Ulric (cousin)
Charlotte Ulric (cousin)
Sybil Ulric (cousin-in-law)
PETS:
A brown and black stray puppy who's about six months old named Chewbacca. He found him in the barn one day and decided to keep him.
There's also three cows, two horses, and one cat that he claims are his and has names for.
PERSONALITY
FAVORITE FILM: Star Wars franchise
FAVORITE TV SHOW: Drop the Mic (2017 series)
FAVORITE BOOK: Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
FAVORITE SONG: anything by Prince
animals, comedies, Star Wars, karate, practical jokes, cold coffee, tacos
DISLIKES:
horror movies, hot coffee, modern music, animal cruelty, alcohol, salads
ABOUT
Despite a different last name, Jamal grew up surrounded by Ulrics and never saw any difference between himself and them. An occasional question was asked about is father growing up, but his mother never wanted to talk about it and Tobias was a willing surrogate so what was the point? He learned about farm work and family and anything else that was available to learn, including following after his cousin, Macon, who was more sibling than anything else.

With age, Jamal's love for animals intensified. He was forever finding stays to bring home or farm animals to name or reading about animals. Only Star Wars came close his passion for animals and the hours spent learning to take care of the various animals on the farm. Any vet visits were met with him tagging along and asking a million questions, begging to assist, and doing whatever got him the most contact with animals.

While not the most outgoing person, he found a niche between class clown and 4H duties, including showing cows. Given the amount of traveling required and the potential for problems on full moons, Jamal told his mother that he'd prefer to wait to take the bite then went with her to Tobias. It was accepted easier than he expected, though Tobias made a point to let him know that the choice was always his. It somehow felt harder to tell Macon that he wasn't ready, but again, he found acceptance and encouragement to do what he needed to do.

Following graduation, Jamal made the decision to begin classes leading toward a degree in veterinary medicine, though a lot of the work felt like things he already knew. He settled for an associates degree and working with the farm's animals in an unofficial capacity; however, the time finally felt right to take the bite so he went before Tobias again with his mother. A part of him couldn't help wondering if the spirits might reject him for waiting, but his turning went off without a hitch, and he decided to step up and join the royal guard despite his limited training.

The arrival of Charlotte Ulric was an interesting hitch, especially the relationship that developed with Tobias, though he didn't hesitate to step up as a potential friend. After all, no one had ever ostracized him for being a Lovell so why not accept the newcomer into the framily? Tobias' decision to bite her, life-saving or not, didn't sit well with him, but he knew his position in the pack didn't allow questions so he just tried to be a bridge in that gap. Midnight taco runs were his method of choice and eventually things smoothed out and Charlie came back to the clan.

It came as a shock when Tobias' cancer was announced, and Jamal mourned the only father figure he'd known along with everyone else. He made a graveside promise to always be there for his family and support Macon as alpha in anyway his cousin needed. His promise led him to speak with Macon about joining the security detail, but he was still surprised to be chosen; however, he takes his duties seriously and has extended his security details to Sybil, though he'd never admit to keeping an eye on her. Any time not spent with the family or guard are dedicated to the multitude of animals tied to the Ulric farm who he feels are his responsibility.

PLATONIC
First and foremost, Jamal is fully and completely loyal to his family, especially Macon. He might not bear the Ulric last name, but he'll be damned if anyone gets to hurt them. His position on the security detail has only increased his feeling of needing to protect the pack, though he's still a fun-loving guy who likes to pull pranks, especially with Charlie. Also anyone who gets invited for Midnight Tacos is on his friendly list, but they should be prepared for his appetite. Wolves and animal lovers are his favorite people.
ANTAGONISTIC
Any threats to the Ulric family or pack would see a complete change from his usual fun-loving attitude. He will do anything and everything for them, though his methods have begun to change with his position on his cousin's security detail. There's a bit less of an openness since he sees more now than as a regular pack members, but he's never been fond of outsiders since they tend to bring trouble. Anyone who harms an animal would go here as well since he's very passionate about treating them with kindness.
DESIRED PLOTS
Largely, I'd like to see him connect with his family and pack since he's always been in Somerset. I'd also like to see him befriend an outsider or someone who isn't his usual type because what's life without a little conflict? Getting some childhood friends would be good, too, but I'm really open to anything with him so let me know!
THE PLAYER
ALIAS: Val
PRONOUN: she, her
TRIGGERS:
harm to children
OTHER CHARACTERS
Lindy Helms
FIRST AND LAST
Security
he, him
WEREWOLF
Ulric
Kappa
Val
I think he's ready for review!

@HALES, @QUEL
Enabler
she, her
STAFF
House of Athena
Co-Admin
HALES
PRONOUNS:
TRIGGERS: harm to children; sexual violence; snickles
Pending!
Welcome to RECKLESS! A staff member has seen you've completed your application and moved it to the pending section. Please give the staff 1-2 days to review the character. If we need any edits, we'll contact you via personal message.

--------------------
RECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESS
CODING
SHE/HER
STAFF
DISTRICT 12
CO-ADMIN
QUEL
PRONOUNS: SHE/HER
TIMEZONE: CENTRAL
TRIGGERS: HARM TO CHILDREN, PEEPS ON A PIZZA

Accepted!
Welcome to RECKLESS! We're excited to have you as part of the community. Now that you've been accepted, other members can start plotting with you below. Below, we've linked you to the different claims to fill out while members are hitting you up for some delicious plotting goodness. If you have any questions, contact a staff member.

MEMBER DIRECTORY
FACE CLAIM
CLAN DIRECTORYK

--------------------
RECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESS
Mechanic
she/her/hers
WEREBEAR
Sleuth
Kappa
Danny
PRONOUNS: Her/She/Hers
TIMEZONE: Timeless
TRIGGERS: Child or Animal Harm
Jamal + Dallas
I took a squiz at the desired plots and the one regarding him making an unexpected friend. I was thinking maybe I could put Dallas forward for that and we could plot something out? I think she would be someone he never would expect to be hanging around, or even seen with considering her own affiliations but I am sure we could cook up something interesting.
reply to my shipper!

--------------------
RECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESS
Bounty Hunter
She
WEREWOLF
Ulric
Kappa
DEJA
PRONOUNS: She
TRIGGERS: Mostly comfortable with anything
Jamal + Charlie
Look at this adorable face and those cheeks and that smile!

Jamal cute, too. I guess. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

So aside from Sybil, Jamal is probably the first real "family" member that Charlie felt connected to after she arrived and more so when she turned. It's likely the fact that he poked the grumpy wolf and showed her that it doesn't have to be all that bad. Not to mention the taco love and them making trouble for Macon whenever together. Oh, and they're in the Royal Guard together. This dude may be the closest thing (aside from Sybil) to a best friend.

But we're going to have to have a talk about all the damn animals, Jamal. Every time Charlie comes home there is a new freaking animal at this house. She gonna start serving him up his cow friends during Midnight Taco run. <3

Jamal + Teagan
Another packmate! Given the two are part of the same pack and fiercely loyal to their individual families, I can see the two hanging out during some events. They might not have a lot in common or close friends outside of the pack, but I bet these two could share quite a few laughs. At least he wouldn't starve her like poor Kenesaw does.

--------------------
RECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESSRECKLESS
Security
he, him
WEREWOLF
Ulric
Kappa
Val
Jamal + Dallas
Given her recent transition to the guard, Jamal would likely put forth the effort to be friendly. He's not the type to be deterred by something like an affiliation difference, but he also doesn't want to wind up dead because who else is going to take care of his animals? Macon will do the minimal work and Charlie will eat them. If you have an idea for them, we can plot via PM to avoid clogging up here and see about throwing them together soon.

@Dallas Ferrer

Jamal + Charlie
LOL, you think you funny, but he thinks he's freaking adorable. XD

Jamal's okay with being second to Sybil because he don't want to hear about that girly mess. He's definitely the guy to show her life doesn't have to be all bad especially when there are animals in the world! I imagine he sends various animal videos to her throughout the day because it's something he used to do back when she was still the grumpy wolf. Who doesn't love getting random animal antics via text?

Hey, the animals are his friends! He lets them remain in the barn except Chewbacca and the cat who gets to come in sometimes, but not all the times because she's a barn cat. Charlie's just jealous the animals are more loved than her, and he lets them borrow her clothes during the winter.

@Charlotte Ulric

Jamal + Teagan
A pretty girl who's a little too serious? Jamal's ready to jump in and entertain her during these events, though I agree they definitely wouldn't have much contact outside of pack things, but at least he could entertain her! He'll get an uber driver to deliver tacos so she doesn't starve because who he is to deny a carnivore?

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution